“Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you’ll get ten different answers, but there’s one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won’t just take us. It’ll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…[and] all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars”. – Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, Babylon 5
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8 A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail
18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
22] I want it to be on record that I wll record my record.
Chris Farris has worked on many award winning projects throughout his career. He began as an independent artist in 1984 and was soon responsible for the design and construction undersight of Southern Clambake University’s Main Hall. He is also responsible for the design of the Metro Regional Nerve Center, Lingering Corners Mall, White Bloaks Resort, and the famous Thomas Aquinas Building in downtown Draculaville. Chris earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the San Francisco Art Institute in 1996 and a Masters in Augmentation from Southern Fanatics School of Design in 1991.
Mr. Farris is active in a number of professional organizations including the San Francisco Chapter of the Liars Dice Association, a member of the San Francisco Society of Certified Interventionists, and a member of the American Flats Chamber of Commerce. Chris treats every client with respect and integrity.
I’d like to donate to the Haitian relief efforts. However I don’t know who to donate to. I’m not going to text some number to some other number and let some slimeball phone company keep $7 of the $10 like I’ve seen going across twitter.
I’ve donated to the Salvation Army and Americares in the past, but based on the sheer amount of junk mail (and blankets – yes Americares sent me a fucking blanket) I’m pretty sure my contribution went to nothing more than killing trees to send me snail mail to donate more money.
So, who can I donate to who won’t send me shit for the next 60 years?
One of the most remarkable things about the way we lie to kids is how broad the conspiracy is. All adults know what their culture lies to kids about: they’re the questions you answer “Ask your parents.” If a kid asked who won the World Series in 1982 or what the atomic weight of carbon was, you could just tell him. But if a kid asks you “Is there a God?” or “What’s a prostitute?” you’ll probably say “Ask your parents.”
via Lies We Tell Kids.
At some point over the past few weeks I did something on my home network that managed to prevent me from hitting my own blog which is also hosted local network.
I’ve finally messed around with the U-Verse router and and by creating an IPTV DMZ which my set-tops can live on, and then use the DMZPlus feature to map the external IP address to my Linux Firewall.
Now I can redirect traffic appropriately using a security device I trust (Sorry AT&T).
That chore done, I’ve got a cisco VPN device to build for office network access, plus I’ve got a VM of GroundWorks NMS and VMWare Studio to play with.
“When employees are too effective at hiding the consequences of bad management decisions, they act as enablers and do nobody any favors.” -Craig